Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I know that my next entry will be taken up with Steve and Lynsey’s wedding so I thought I ought to write a post in here before the big day. Arrangements are all going really well while Steve is taken up with major renovation changes to his house, in particular the kitchen, which we hope will be ready in time! I can’t believe how long it is taking me to find an outfit! I have had 3 trips down to London, made more fun due to being able to meet up with Ben who has been working for ‘Men’s Health’. We enjoyed a coffee and green tea in a tucked away café near Bond Street station and then last week a chat in a tiny park sitting on the grass by some pink bluebells!

I think the most major news since I last wrote in here is that Julian has accepted a permanent job 4 days a week in his old firm in Sandhurst. It’s extra worthwhile for him at the moment because he gets to spend more time with Ben! But our thoughts turned to investing in a property down that way and the house hunting saga started all over again! Our first visit was to a lovely little cottage in Church Crookham which is near Fleet but that wasn’t quite perfect enough although it did back onto the beautiful Basingstoke canal. We spent a lovely day in Tongham, near Farnham, and found another little cottage which backed onto farmland but that one hasn’t worked out and we are now pursuing a run down property in Ash! It has to be run down so that Julian can have a hay day doing it up and following family tradition! The area is so beautiful. I easily managed to get lost along the country lanes following a map, let alone attempting the public footpaths.

But visiting the extremes of the countryside and London aside I do need to mention the lovely family get together we had in March for my Uncle’s 90th birthday. All his nieces and their husbands were there together which has never happened before so it was lovely catching up and reminiscing over ‘old times’.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home